The Central HR department – Talent & People Development -
was the original backer of the Rapidmooc project.
L’Occitane produces and sells cosmetic and beauty products,
rich in natural ingredients, all over the world.
With a market presence in 90 countries through over 3,000 points of sales,
the company owns 6 leading natural beauty brands:
L’Occitane en Provence, Melvita, Erborian, L’Occitane au Brésil, Limelife and Elemis.
From Rapidmooc to the L’Occitube:
how an international group leveraged video
"The L’Occitube is an easy-to-use and effective tool that employees love. A real asset in fostering a learning culture within the company!"
Coralie Dohse - International L&D Manager
L’Occitane transformed Rapidmooc into L’Occitube
In 2019, when L’Occitane decided to install a Rapidmooc at its international headquarters in Geneva, the aim was clear: to introduce the company’s first knowledge management initiative, whereby expert content would be created and used to optimise learning and knowledge sharing within the organisation.
What the company didn’t know was that Rapidmooc would offer much more than just that…
In no time, the tool was warmly embraced by staff and christened L’Occitube.
All variety of use cases, adapted to each department
It took just a few months for the L’Occitube to be used for a wide variety of use cases. Key users from each department (Marketing, Training, Digital, HR, Retail, Finance, IT, etc.) were trained and took to creating video content completely independently.
Ever since, employees have continued to find new ways to make the most of L’Occitube, regularly sharing expert content, strategic information, business insights and best practices.
- The Talent & People Development team use it as an internal communication tool to deliver strategic information, project presentations and expert content, which is used as part of the group’s international learning programme.
- The Organisational Transformation team creates Business Insights, short videos featuring internal and external experts to help expand staff expertise.
- Members of the executive committee often also make sponsorship videos.
How Rapidmooc revolutionised video production at L'Occitane
- 85 videos produced in the first 9 months.
- 11 key users designated for the group’s departments so each team could independently produce its own videos.
- Videos translated into 9 languages so every employee within the group could benefit!
Benefits: Simple, cost-effective, efficient
There are several explications to the success of Rapidmooc with L’Occitane, all linked to the studio’s key benefits:
- An easy-to-use tool that allows you to quickly produce a large number of high-quality videos;
- Provides teams with total independence in video production;
- A return on investment after only a few months of use.